A WORLD RECORD IS THE BEST GLOBAL PERFORMANCE EVER RECORDED AND VERIFIED IN A SPECIFIC SKILL.
All International Book Records attempts must follow some rules and criteria which are stated below:
- Measurable – Is it the fastest / longest / heaviest / most?
- Breakable – Can the record be broken or repeated by someone else? All our record titles must be open to being challenged.
- Standardisable – Can the record title be done universally? For example, it cannot be related to something restricted to a region.
- Verifiable – Can the claim be proven? For example, a claim such as ‘the man who never drank water’, can never be verified unless the man spent his whole life from birth under surveillance by a witness.
- Universal – The proposal must be something, or about something that is known to the world’s majority. It cannot be too specific / regional.
- Substantially different from a current record – If your record suggestion is similar to something we already have, we will ask you to break the current record rather than approving a variation of the same title.
We assess each and every application that we receive – but many cannot be recognized as a world record.
- We do not accept applications based on subjective measures for example – beauty, kindness, loyalty.
- Other activities that are not records include those which are not sufficiently challenging, those which are too specific to a single person or anything that is unbreakable.
- We do not endorse unsuitable activities or those which could cause potential harm or danger to spectators / birds / animals.
- We do not permit people under the age of 18 to attempt or hold records which are considered unsuitable for minors. In these instances IB Records works in association with the official regulatory body for the particular skill / sport.
CATEGORIES OF WORLD RECORD
Solo Activity- This includes a single person who wants to apply for International Book of Records.
Duo Activity- This includes two people who want to apply for International Book of Records.
Group Activity- This includes a group of people (3 to 100 participants) who want to apply for International Book of Records.
Mass Activity- This includes a group of participants (more than 100 participants) who want to apply for International Book of Records.
Commercial Activity- Do you want to showcase exclusivity your product or services? A world record can be marked for such services and products. You can promote your business on various occasions, as IB RECORDS’ holder, at new launching of services & products, business anniversary and for charitable causes.