• Digital applications made available through third party platforms (the “Apps”);
• Telephone and written correspondence including email, text and letters; and
• Directly from you in person, for example at a IB RECORDS’ event, challenge fair or third party event in which IB Records participates (the “Events”).
(The Site, the Apps and the Events are collectively known as the “IB RECORDS’ Products & Services”).
- What information IB RECORDS may collect about you;
- How IB RECORDS might use that information;
- When IB RECORDS may use those details to contact you;
- Whether IB RECORDS will share that information with anyone else, (No one other than IB RECORDS’ office can claim, use and possess the above mentioned information); and
- Your legal rights.
Know IB RECORDS
IB Records’ mission is to be the ultimate global authority on record breaking achievement. That means we research, measure, document and authorize the world’s superlatives, from which we create world class products that entertain, inform and inspire people through our unique window on the world.
IB Records’ purpose is to inspire people – Individuals, Families, Schools, Teams, Groups, Companies and Communities – of any Age and Gender, in any City or Country. We don’t define or recognize success in a conventional or limited way and so draw upon the entire range of superlatives to help people realize their potential and to re-examine the world.
Information IB RECORDS Requires
IB RECORDS maintains a large database of record related information, including which individuals or groups hold those records and their personal details such as Name, Address, Email, Telephone Number, Age, Gender and Occupation (the “IB RECORDS’ Database”). When you participate in, access, sign up to, or buy products from, any of the IB RECORDS’ Products & Services we may receive personal data from you such as those detailed above.
IB RECORDS will not ask you to disclose sensitive personal data (such as religious or political beliefs or your medical history). However, in the event that you have voluntarily sent us such information (for example, to support a record attempt application), we will contact you in order to clarify the terms of its use.
PARTICIPANTS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
Certain of the IB RECORDS’ Products & Services may request personal data from the user. Where the user is under 18, the child will be prompted to provide contact details of their parent or legal guardian and will also be prompted to ask their parent or guardian to consent to the provision of personal data by the child. Where you do not wish your child to provide personal data, please do not provide your consent.
With under-18s, our collection of personal data is limited to the following areas:•
- Submitting a record attempt application: A child can submit a claim for a record attempt to us by creating a personal account. As part of this process, an email address for verifying the account and the name and date of birth of the user will need to be provided. However, the child will be asked to have a parent or guardian to get in touch with us by email. Where consent is subsequently received, personal data collected as part of this process will be used in accordance with the terms of a separate agreement that we require all applicants to enter into;
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS
We may include on the IB RECORDS’ Products & Services advertisements from third parties, or for websites operated by third parties, that are not sponsors of and are not affiliated with this Site. As such, we are not responsible for the content, polices or practices of the websites operated by these third parties. In addition, these advertisements and/ or links do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval by us of the content, policies or practices of these websites.
In relation to children’s use of the IB RECORDS’ Products & Services, we do not permit interest-based advertising on elements of a product or service specifically directed to children under 18 or where we have actual knowledge that a child is under 18.
IB RECORDS will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to ensure that the IB RECORDS’ Database is accurate and kept up to date;
- to personalize and enhance the IB RECORDS’ Products & Services and your user-experience of them;
- for internal marketing and demographic studies;
- to comply with applicable laws or requests by law enforcement agencies; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of the IB RECORDS’ Products & Services and those that use them.
The IB RECORDS’ Database acts as a unique repository of the world’s superlative facts and feats. Due to the archiving nature of IB RECORDS’ activities, we may store your personal data for a significant period of time. This ensures that, for example, in the event of a broken record, we are able to draw on the knowledge kept in the IB RECORDS’ Database to inform our audiences of the most current record-holder.
When will IB RECORDS Contact?
IB RECORDS may contact you:
- as part of your record attempt application, including any evidence you have submitted to us;
- in relation to any service or activity that you may have signed up to, which you may have entered;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you; and
- to invite you to participate in surveys about IB RECORDS.